Studying Math: Pathways to Success
hover here for larger image
Celebrated by teachers, renowned among students, this classic text on conquering frustration and achieving success with math is now available in a new and expanded paperback edition. Learn what thousands of students have already learned as Professors Smith and Smith share with you their combined thirty years of experience helping students of all types succeed at their educational goals:
- Discover the social and educational roots of math anxiety.
- Learn to understand the commonly believed myths about math that can block your success.
- Find out how to disarm the frustration that can make the study of math so difficult.
- Master strategies for note-taking, homework, and exams that will maximize your success—and your grades.
- Demystify the college math curriculum, and discover which math classes will best help you achieve your particular educational goals.
The new edition includes student activities for each chapter, suitable for in-class and group work and for self-study. It also includes an expanded chapter on the college math curriculum to answer students’ often unexpressed questions about the types and purposes of the math classes available to them. An Instructor's Guide is available electronically on request.
Click the button to add this item to your shopping cart now.