Math & Me: Embracing Success
hover here for larger image
Celebrated by teachers, renowned among students, our classic text on conquering frustration and achieving success with math forms the core of this new, expanded study guide.
“This book is not just good, it is remarkably good. I have had a lifetime of experience in this field and I find that these authors have hit each of the necessary points. These authors clearly know students … A near perfect book.” —Dr. Gerald Rising, State University of New York Distinguished Teaching Professor Emeritus.
“[It] will give students hope and confidence for their mathematical future.” —Dr. Michael Coco, Lynchburg College.
Learn what thousands of students have already learned as Professors Smith and Smith share with you their combined forty years of experience helping students of all types succeed at their educational goals:
- Learn which math classes you need to help you achieve your career goals.
- Discover the social and educational roots of math anxiety.
- Learn to understand the commonly believed myths about math that can block your success.
- Find out how to disarm the frustration that can make the study of math so difficult.
- Master strategies for note-taking, homework, and exams that will maximize your success—and your grades.
- Demystify the college math curriculum, and discover the ways the math department at your school can help you.
Each chapter includes activities suitable for in-class and group work as well as for self-study.
For math teachers who would like to consider using this text in their classrooms or recommending it to their students, an Authorized Instructor's Edition is available by request. In addition to the main text, the AIE includes a 22-page Preface for teachers, with a pedagogy and usage guide, rubrics, and solutions to exercises. Use the contact form of this website to request a copy of the AIE.
Paperback, perfect bound; 90 pages.
Click the button to add this item to your shopping cart now.